Ireland Government Scholarship is one of the prestigious and famous scholarships for international students to pursue their Master’s degree or Doctoral degree. The Scholarship program was a national initiative, funded by the Department of Education and Skills and managed by the council. The council is to make an investment in 280 new postgraduate scholarships in Ireland every year. In the year 2018, a total of 1,193 postgraduate scholars, with over 5,000 individual scholarships for excellent research are awarded to date.
The Duration of this scholarship program for the Master scholarship in Ireland is for 1-2 years while that of the Doctoral is for 3-4 years. The Irish Government Scholarship offers the entire academics field and as well as the majors.
Details of Ireland Scholarship 2020
- Host country – Ireland.
- Course Level- Master and Doctorate.
- Institution – Government of Ireland.
- Eligible- European Union & All Other Nationalities.
Fields and Majors
The Ireland Government Scholarship program is to support or intending postgraduate to pursue, Full- Time Degree Masters or Doctorate in any Discipline. Below are the following disciplines:
- Social Science
These are the fields and Majors of the Ireland Government Scholarship Program.
Duration of the Scholarship
The following are the duration of the scholarship:
- Research Master’s Degree: 1 Year
- Structured Research Master’s Degree: 2 Years
- Traditional Doctoral Degree: 3 Years
- Structured Doctoral Degree: 4 Years
Eligibility Criteria of Ireland Scholarship
The Criteria for one to be eligible for the scholarship in Ireland 2020 are as follows:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree for masters.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree for a doctoral degree.
- The result awaiting students can also apply.
- Undergraduate examination results will not be known at the application time, the council may as well make a provisional offer of a scholarship on the condition that the scholar’s bachelor’s degree result is a first-class or upper second class.
Applicants must meet both the following criteria:
- You must be a national of a European Union member state Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein or Switzerland.
- You must also have ordinarily resident in a European union member state or Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein or Switzerland for a continuous period of three (3) to five (5) years preceding 1 September 2020
- All other International Applicants from all Nationalities.
NOTE: All applicants who do not meet these criteria of eligibility should not apply for it.
The financial coverage of the government of Ireland 2020 is listed below:
- Contribution to fees, including non-EU Fees, up to a maximum of 5,750 per annum.
- Eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum.
- A stipend of €16,000 per annum.
This above listed is the financial coverage of Ireland Government Scholarship 2020.
How to Apply for Ireland Government Scholarship 2020
The following are the steps on how to apply for the scholarship program:
- Register on the online account from here https://irishresearch.smartsimple.ie/signup.jsp?token=XVtQC1oGYFpfRxNZXxVSSlBSZklyGHY%3D and complete the application form as soon as possible.
- After you must have filled in all required details, click on the submit button. A confirmation mail will be sent immediately to your email address you have provided. This mail is to confirm that you have successfully registered for the online system and will give you a username and password.
- Then access the online system with this site https://irishresearch.smartsimple.ie/s_Login.jsp by using the username and password sent to you.
- Then once you log in you will be presented with the home screen below where you can create and edit your application prior to the application deadline and submit it.
NOTE: The deadline for the Ireland government Scholarship is 31st October 2020.